Monday, October 3, 2022

Well, well, well

 All is well!

Well outside Tel Beersheva


This is the well outside the ancient city of Beersheva. Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob dug wells. Rebekah and Rachel both secured marriage proposals at wells. These wells sometimes sparked boundary disputes which led to either conflict or reconciliation (Gen 21, 26). God spoke to the outcast Hagar at a well and renewed his covenant with her (Gen 21:18). Jesus spoke to the outcast Samaritan woman and promised her eternal life through the covenant he offered (John 4:14). I don't envy the women who carried brimming vessels back from the well every day, but I honor how they kept their families and communities alive with life-giving water.

We all have dry spells in our lives. It takes effort to reconnect with the source of our salvation and seek spiritual nourishment daily (John 4:14). I am grateful for General Conference this week that helps fill my soul!

Cistern and Water System at Tel Beersheva

No comments:

Post a Comment

We invite your comments, but if you want to contact us directly and don't know our email address, contact us at jerusalemjudds@gmail.com.